CivWorld Tutorial Walkthrough
CivWorld will automatically select a game for you to join, so unfortunately you will be joining a game that most likely doesn't start at the beginning, which is Ancient Era. Don't worry because in the next blog I will teach you how to select a game that starts at the beginning.
Each game is named after a famous historical character's name or surname, with a corresponding game number. For example: Curie's Game, Pythagora's Game, Michaelangelo's Game, and even Nebuchadnezzar's Game.
Once loaded, you will see what seems like an error but actually is just a system message telling you that the game has been updated. Dont worry, you wont see this message everytime you play this game. Click the "X" icon to continue.
You will then proceed to the game tutorial, kindly perform the quests instructions, symbolized by a scroll icon, to have a basic "feel" for the game. Quests when completed will reward you with bonus resources and even valuable Great Persons. Some additional notes also:
- "Invite Friends" button is not yet working as of this writing, so you will be needing to refresh or reload (F5 key) the game after that inviting friend tutorial/quest.
- I wouldn't suggest you skip a single quest, except for the spending a Civbuck quest, you wont be having a civbuck yet unless you buy facebook credits.
- Be careful with Guard Towers. They are not for defending, just for scouting your city. No one will be attacking your city. They Should be placed as near to the fog or black unrevealed areas. No need to upgrade towers, just build another one. Remember, they cannot be recycled 100% their production/hammer cost, and when recycled, they unreveal the area in the map.
- Depending on the Era, you will have a number of population after you join a civilization. Normally you only obtain a new population after meeting the food requirement for a new population.
For advanced gameplay, kindly stay tuned for my next blogs. Thank you for reading and happy CivWorld playing! I am Paulo Baldemor, click on my name and add me up as your facebook friend. Come let us play CivWorld together!. Let's conquer the World, Socially, possibly with our Philippine Empire!
- How I Discovered Civworld
- CivWorld Tutorial Walkthrough
- How to Play from the beginning: Ancient Era
- A Farmer's Life - A Guide to Farming and Growth
- Work Work! - A Guide to Worker's Hammer Production
- Trickle Income
- How to Claim a Dowry and Upgrading Your Palace
- Different Citizen Job Types
- City Planning
- Culture and Great People
- List of the 21 CivWorld Eras
- Harvesting Resources
- Pure Worker Build Strategy